Welcome to my website, I am Andreas Falk
I am working as a Managing Consultant for Novatec Consulting. Here, my main office is located in Leinfelden-Echterdingen nearby Stuttgart (Germany). But I also work onsite at my customer offices and sometimes in my home office.
My daily profession
My daily job is working on enterprise customer projects. I accompany these projects in different roles like:
- Architect (who also does coding)
- Lead Developer
- Security Champion/Officer
I’m enthusiastic about the architecture and development of Cloud-Native Java enterprise applications. Mostly these are based on the Spring-Framework-Platform. The preferred cloud platforms I use are CloudFoundry, Nomad, and Kubernetes. And I love to deploy my apps using cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
Trainer and Mentor
I really love to share knowledge. This is why I give trainings and workshops on the following topics:
I am also a coding mentor on coding coach.
As a member of OWASP, I actively support the development of secure software.
In my current role as Practice Lead for Agile Security at Novatec Consulting, I teach and coach internal and external developers. Specifically, my training/coaching portfolio includes:
- Security requirements
- Threat Modeling
- Secure Design and coding
- Identity and Access Management (SAML, OAuth 2.0 & OpenID Connect)
I am a frequent speaker appearing at conferences like
These are great places to share my project practical experience with you. This includes among other topics like “Authentication of Microservices using OpenID Connect” and “Kubernetes Security”.
- Java Magazin
- Objekt Spektrum
You can also find my blog posts on the blog site of my company.
As a balance to work, leisure activities are also needed. Here, I spend time with my family and my dogs. My dogs are a Labrador-Lady and a Golden-Doodle male. If time allows, I also play the electric guitar in my Band Scallywag. And in order to keep my fitness, I try to practice running sessions several times a week.
My latest posts
- Sec4Dev Vienna – Microservice Security Bootcamp
- Frankfurter Entwicklertag 2020 – Kubernetes und Container – Aber Sicher!
- Devoxx Belgium – Securing Microservices with OpenID Connect and Spring Security 5
- Voxxed Days Microservices – Securing Microservices with OpenID Connect and Spring Security 5
- Basel One – Absicherung von Microservices mit OpenID Connect und Spring Security 5 (Workshop)